I feel like dancing!

Today is the third day in a row that I have woken up without feeling that I have been run over by an Ice Road Trucker!

I haven’t woken up pain free since November.  It’s still hard to believe, this morning I lay in bed, aware that i was waking up, but not wanting to… afraid of the wave of pain about to hit me.  In the past, it would only take a few minutes of being conscious before that truck would hit me smack between the eyes & I would be paralysed with a blinding headache and pain all over.

I had an operation on Monday last week to clear my Sinuses.  Because it was day surgery, I somehow thought I would be back to normal on Tuesday!  (LOL)

Having realised I was not going to recover that quickly, I cancelled my week & pretty much stayed in bed & slept.  I wanted to stay away from other people also as if I caught an infection while my sinuses were so raw I would have been in pieces, and the bleeding might have been worsened.

I got dressed on Thursday & Friday, but the effort of doing that made me want to go back to bed!

On Saturday I woke up without pain & couldn’t believe it, I even went out for a walk with Wilson yesterday, and today again I don’t have any pain.  I think I’m in shock!

Born in Dublin, living in London with Peter, my two daughters, Wilson our Spaniel & Woordow our Malshih (Shih Tzu-Maltese cross)
This entry was posted in Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Health, ME, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Neuralgia, Pain, Sinus headache and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to I feel like dancing!

1. Yay to you feeling better! I love your garden. Are those hydrangeas?

2. Wow, that must be nice. I’ve never seen them dark. I almost killed one I had in a pot, but it’s coming back to life. Who knew it would need water? 🙂

3. rummuser says:

Congratulations. I can relate to that feeling of shock when you discover that a chronic discomfort has disappeared!

4. Maxi says:

How wonderful for you Barbara, to awake and realize that you are pain free … finally.
    blessings ~ maxi

Wonderful, that’s great to hear! Hopefully, the only pain you will experience from now on is reading my posts.

6. Grannymar says:

Woo Hoo! I am delighted to hear the pain has gone. Now don’t go overboard or you will undo all that good.

7. Jo Bryant says:

I am thrilled to hear that…laying in bed today with sinus trouble myself…so I get it.

Oh poor you! I’ve been in pain so long I feel like I’m walking on eggshells in case it comes back. I didn’t believe he operation would work so well, but it’s been amazing! I can inhale through my nose!!

• Jo Bryant says:

And what does that feel like.

Amazing…. Though I have to be careful not to do it in the cold outdoors or too fast as my sinuses are still very tender. I have a bit of a headache this evening, but in comparison to recent months I’m in heaven.

Waking up without your mouth feeling so dry that water doesn’t quench it is wonderful too!

8. Pingback: A dyslexic walks into a bank… “Air in the hands mother stickers this is a fuckup!” | Day One

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )