Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge; Texture

This week’s theme for Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge is Texture (I’ve double checked!)

Whenever we visit a city we love to go and visit the botanical gardens, not only for the plants, but also because it is great place to see the local wildlife, and get a real feel for the climate.  I loved the botanical gardens in Melbourne, the tall trees were a welcome cover from the hot sun!Botanical Gardens MelbourneThe textures of some of the plants were very interesting, the flower above was huge!  Here are some others with really interesting textures

Botanical Gardens Melbourne Botanical Gardens Melbourne

Advertisements

Born in Dublin, living in London with Peter, my two daughters, Wilson our Spaniel & Woordow our Malshih (Shih Tzu-Maltese cross)
This entry was posted in Flowers, Melbourbe, Photography and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge; Texture

1. quarksire says:

well, dats sumpin i don’t see every day ..living in colorado now..palm trees be a bit hard to find! 🙂

2. Grannymar says:

I love texture as you know, but the middle photo made me smile… It would make a great duster! 😆 When I did the Creative embroidery City & Guilds, there was one day we had to bring in a photo and using it as our canvas, we had to embellish the scene with stitches. I added long willowy grasses.

We’ll definitely visit the Norfolk Botanical Gardens when you’re here…..that is if you ever decide to leave the guest suite.

4. Cee Neuner says:

I feel like I just went to the tropics with your photos. Thanks for playing.

5. Pingback: Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Texture | Nola Roots, Texas Heart

6. Maxi says:

You always have the most fascinating photos, Barbara. Hope you are feeling okay, no more miseries.
    blessings ~ maxi

I was much better when I was away, but since I have come back to the UK I have got worse again :-(. My breathing is really bad so I have had to reduce my hours at work even further. I now am only doing 7 hours a week & am still finding that hard! I’ve been referred to another specialist higher up in the ladder, so maybe he will be able to help ? I’m really tired of feeling rubbish!!!

• Maxi says:

Oh no! I can’t tell you how sorry I am that you’re feeling worse again.

I hope this specialist can help you, Barbara.
        blessings ~ maxi

Thanks, I’ve been seeing a homeopath & am about to see a Kinesiologist too, but my Consultant said not to spend too much money… indicating that he didn’t think they would help 😦 They are very expensive!

7. Pingback: weekly photo challenge: texture | my sweetpainteddreams

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )