I found some great questions on the blog of one of my new followers ‘Granny Smith: Unleashed‘ (I’m pretty sure she’s not a granny!!) and was going to reply to a few of them but found myself answering them all!
As an alternative to a set of New Year Resolutions or a review of the year, what would your answers be to these questions?
1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
Love one another
2. If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45 p.m.?
Hugging my husband & family
3. How do you really KNOW anything for sure?
We don’t! Does it matter?
4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do?
Helping people who want to be helped
5. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?
My proximity to a loo?
6. What do you regret most so far in life?
Not studying medicine
7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life TODAY?
Follow your dreams, even if it is hard to do so
8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or, if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
My only 100% certain belief is that I am not God, so that wouldn’t change… There doesn’t have to be a God as such, just the wonder of nature, and the universe and how and why we exist…. that is enough for me 🙂
9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you run to? Does that person know how much they mean to you?
Peter. I hope so!
10. Do you fear death? If so do you have a good reason?
Not my death, just other people’s. It has taken me decades to find the people I love who surround me. It would be hard without them, I don’t want to think about it.
11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?
I would have to stop collecting things!
12. If you were at heaven’s gate and God asked you, “why should I let you in?,” what would you say?
I’ve done my best
13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself?
It comes and goes. Mostly I am ok with me these days, exactly as I am, though I am getting uncomfortable with the idea of getting old!
14. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you?
No! Its far too wet and cold. We need to move somewhere warmer and drier
15. What would people say about you at your funeral?
Gosh! She is heavier than she looked!
16. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better?
Give them a ring, call in for a coffee, invite them out
17. If you believe in God, would your relationship with God change at all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she?
18. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
Me & cholesterol 🙂
I’m very interested in your answers!